Dear Friend of the Wasatch,
In addition to the work that we are doing to designate additional Wilderness in the Wasatch and our continued efforts to address other projects and proposals that threaten the scenic beauty and wildness of our canyons, mountains, and foothills, your ﬁnancial support will enable us to work with numerous local entities and agencies in a collaborative and proactive manner to plan for the future of the Wasatch. As we face population growth and increased demand on the sensitive ecosystems, resources, and watersheds of our mountains, it is imperative that we look to the future and that we participate in processes to formulate new ways to balance development, transportation, recreation opportunities, and the preservation of our unique and extraordinary canyons, mountains, and foothills. By donating today, you will be supporting our participation and contribution to this effort and helping shape the future of the Wasatch!
YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT WILL HELP US:
• Participate in the Steering Committee to update the 1989 Salt Lake County Wasatch Canyons Master Plan
• Partner with Salt Lake County, its consultants, and other community organizations to conduct a series of transportation studies within Big Cottonwood Canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon, and Mill Creek Canyon to create a more environmentally and economically sustainable transportation system in the Canyons.
• Serve on Salt Lake County’s Blue Ribbon Commission to update the Foothills, Canyons Overlay Zone, which regulates building and development in the canyons and foothills.
• Participate in the Wasatch Watershed Legacy Partnership, which is focused on enhancing protection of watershed areas in light of increasing pressures from population growth and increased recreational uses.
* We have raised just over $60,000 this year so far. We need your help to meet our 2012 budget of $208,000 by the end of the year! Please give a tax-deductible donation today to help support Save Our Canyons and our work to protect the Wasatch!